Wendy Williamson is of counsel in the New York office of Anderson Kill. Wendy's practice concentrates in, and she has extensive and broad experience in mergers and acquisitions, corporate finance, securities and private equity transactions, business restructuring, corporate governance, securities law compliance, private investment funds, commercial litigation, intellectual property litigation, employment and labor law, and high technology rights, as well as general business law matters. She has represented both privately and publicly-held companies in a variety of industries, and has experience working with the firm’s bankruptcy group in various bankruptcy cases and restructuring matters, as well as representing bond holders in out-of-court restructurings. Wendy is also a member of Anderson Kill's Financial Services Industry and Regulated Products Groups.
Wendy also has extensive litigation experience in both federal and state courts, including pleadings, pretrial disclosure, motion practice, trials and appeals, arbitration, complex settlement agreements, and enforcement of judgments. Her understanding of the entire litigation process is valuable in structuring, negotiating and documenting business transactions, just as her corporate and business experience provides useful insights with respect to business issues arising in litigation.
Ms. Williamson’s recent sample engagements include:
- Representation of private equity investor in due diligence and potential acquisition of $23.5mm of interests in international duty free business based in Central America.
- Represented not-for-profit entities in various financing transactions.
- Represented private equity and family office investors in various industries, including international investment funds, US OTC pharmaceutical and vitamin companies, film and music producer and distributor, NY record label company, African dairy products company, South American wind and bio-fuel companies, and Hong Kong based fashion retailer.
- Successfully negotiated complex settlement agreement resolving more than ten years of litigation proceedings involving Brazilian real estate holding company.
- Analyzed and provided advice to investors regarding complex redemption structures in $10 million investment in private equity fund.
- Part of transaction team representing governmental entity in connection with structuring real estate development vehicles for $500 million project.
- Represented full-service accounting and tax firm in its $20 million sale to one of the top 100 accounting firms, and negotiated employment arrangements for the transitioning partners.
- Handled sale of privately held investment manager and advisor with approximately $1.8 billion in fund assets under management to a leading NYSE listed global investment management firm.
- Part of transaction team which represented a nationally recognized construction company in connection with its acquisition of a regional construction company for an aggregate purchase price of approximately $50 million.
- Represented secured party in foreclosure and bidding in public auction of 25% of shares of stock in $100 million international holding company.
- Advised Board of Directors of privately held Delaware company regarding Revlon duties in connection with sale.
- Represented shareholders and Company in privately held international shipping company in $600 million all cash sale to “blank check” public company.
- Represented selling shareholders (holding 20%) of a consumer products company in $830 million all cash sale to newly formed acquisition vehicle.
- Represented family member in redemption of equity interests in major US sports franchise.
- Formed New York captive insurance company for global media company.
- Advised a senior investment banker transitioning from a “top-ten” investment bank to another “top-ten” investment bank regarding possible forfeiture of his equity options and timing of his notice of resignation, and non-competition obligations.
- Handled Hart-Scott-Rodino filings in numerous acquisition transactions, most recently the $240 million acquisition by major international construction and engineering firm of US civil engineering company.
- Represented various private equity funds and smaller broker/dealers in securities transactions, and related matters, including 13D and 13G filings.
- Successfully represented 2 major stockholders in contest for control of NYSE company, leading to the replacement of the Board of Directors and election of new management.
- Represented a health supplement company and stockholders in a merger, valued at $22 million, with a publicly-traded company.
- Represented family office company in $50 million investment in Brazil real estate development company.
- Served as co-counsel to Swedish public corporation selling its U.S. animal health subsidiary for approximately $60 million in cash.
- Represented management sellers in connection with the cash merger of a specialty software company into a financial institution.
- Represented family office in connection with initial formation and structuring and restructuring to accommodate issuance of equity incentives to new asset managers and partners in original firm.
- Represented lead-financing source in a convertible loan to a newly formed Panama corporation for the $33 million acquisition of real property interests in Brazil.