Can we refuse to allow or permit illegal work in our apartments? Q & A with Karol Robinson

Habitat magazine

In order not to spend money, shareholders also sometimes get the superintendent to perform in-the-wall plumbing. Can we require the co-op to send a legal plumber – as per city laws and co-op rules – when it is work that the co-op must perform?

According to Karol Robinson, a shareholder in Anderson Kill's New York office:

"Board decisions are normally protected by the Business Judgment Rule. However, if the board is using an unlicensed plumber where a licensed one is required, then it will not be protected. "

To read the full story: Q&A with Karol Robinson