DATE: Wednesday, May 14, 2014
TIME: 8:45 AM - 12:45 PM
VENUE: U of Connecticut, Washington Boulevard and Broad Street
ORGANIZER: Westchester-Fairfield-Hudson CPCU Chapter
Marshall Gilinsky to speak on a panel at the Westchester-Fairfield-Hudson CPCU Chapter on 'Reinsurance - Emerging Issues and Common Concerns' on Wednesday, May 14, 2014 from 8:45 a.m. to 12:45 p.m.
Some of the topics to be discussed are:
- Allocation under reinsurance agreements
- How will the NY Court of Appeals USF&G v. American Re case affect reinsurance?
- Is there a new reasonableness standard?
- How will this affect follow-the-fortunes & utmost-good-faith doctrines?
- Does late notice void the reinsurance contract?
- Is coverage lost when ceding company makes a wrong coverage determination?
- Clash Coverage: What is it and why is it needed?
- Resolving apportionment conflicts between reinsurers when multiple coverage applies.
- Is there bad faith exposure to reinsurers for primary carrier claim handling?
- Are declaratory judgment actions covered by reinsurance?
- Cat Bonds:
- How do cat bonds work?
- Catastrophe bond triggers
- Why are investors interested in cat bonds?
- Recent unusual placements
- Insurance Linked Securities:
- Catastrophe Derivatives/Industry Loss
- Collateralized reinsurance/retro
- Quota Shares/Sidecars
For more information, please click here.