DATE: Tuesday, June 24, 2014
TIME: 10:30 AM - 12:00 PM
VENUE: InterContinental Chicago Magnificent Mile - Chicago, IL
ORGANIZER: American Conference Institute's 21st National Conference on Employment Practices Liability Insurance
Joshua Gold to speak on a panel at the American Conference Institute's 21st National Conference on Employment Practices Liability Insurance - 'Negotiation, Mediation and Arbitration (including Overseas Arbitration) of EPL Claims: Strategies and Techniques for Engaging in Successful Alternative Dispute Resolutions' on Tuesday, June 24, 2014 at 10:40 a.m.
Some of the topics to be discussed are:
- Trends toward arbitration: is coverage providing for arbitration as opposed to litigation?
- Overseas Arbitration of EPLI Coverage Disputes: both sides of the foreign arbitration coin and tips on how to protect oneself during the process.
- Settling collective and class actions.
- Evaluating recent successes and failures in the use of ADR to resolve EPL claims.
- What has worked, what has not worked, and why?
- Key break points during litigation at which to consider mediation.
- Persuading employees, employers, and carriers to attempt mediation.
- Assessing the costs of litigation.
- Establishing reserves
- What are the costs, liabilities and actual damages
- Conducting a cost/benefit analysis of your risks and your options
- The insured-carrier dynamic:
- Achieving a result that is satisfactory to both parties
- Assessing the merits of arbitration as a means of resolving a discrimination, harassment or other employment practices claim.
- Determining whether to require employees to sign mandatory, binding arbitration agreements and whether such agreements are enforceable.
- State by state settlement tendencies