DATE: Wednesday, April 24, 2019
TIME: 1:30 PM - 2:30 PM
VENUE: The Pennsylvania Convention Center, 1101 Arch Street, (12th Street Concourse), Philadelphia, PA
ORGANIZER: Association of Corporate Counsel Greater Philadelphia 2019 In-House Conference
This session will examine in-house litigation counsel's role in insurance risk management, with a focus on the following topics:
- Issues concerning the right to independent counsel paid for by the insurer when conflicts of interest arise.
- Concerns over settling cases or claims without insurer consent.
- Pursuing insurance coverage claims when faced with a denial of coverage or reservation of rights.
- Issues concerning the settlement of coverage claims.
- Litigation counsel's role in obtaining and evaluation liability insurance coverage.