DATE: Friday, September 17, 2021
TIME: 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM
ORGANIZER: Anderson Kill P.C.
Webinar Recording: Anderson Kill Presents a Hurricane Ida Webinar
Download links: Evaluation Form , Affirmation Form
While New Orleans, fortified by $14.5 billion worth of flood control investment in the wake of Hurricane Katrina, avoided the worst from Hurricane Ida, the storm ravaged much of southeastern Louisiana. Initial estimates placed insured damage in the neighborhood of $15-25 billion. As the storm moved on, tornadoes and record-breaking rainfall across parts of Pennsylvania, New Jersey and New York killed at least 24 people and caused extensive flooding. And hurricane season is far from over.
This program will equip attendees to maximize insurance recoveries by:
- Developing a pre-storm preparedness plan, including mitigation efforts, assembly of a claims team, and insurance coverage review;
- Moving quickly to protect property from further damage, performing all emergency repairs, and documenting all losses in detail;
- Preparing and presenting well-supported property damage claims;
- Recognizing and including business interruption losses and extra expense outlays;
- Highlighting policy interpretation issues that affect the scope of available coverage; and
- Outlining strategies for pursuing claims and incentivizing the insurance company to resolve them with due speed.
Finley T. Harckham
Rhonda D. Orin
Dennis J. Artese
Ronald J. Papa
National Fire Adjustment Co., Inc.
COST: Complimentary to Clients and Friends of the Firm
NY 1.0 PP
NJ 1.1 General
This program is appropriate for newly admitted and experienced attorneys.