Support Staff and Paralegals
Anderson Kill is always on the lookout for bright and energetic individuals to join our team. The firm seeks motivated individuals for a variety of staff positions in such departments as Accounting, Information Technology, Legal Secretary, Administration, and Records. Paralegals are hired at both entry and experienced levels and are hired for either the firm's Corporate or Litigation Departments. Entry-level paralegals are trained in-house and are also mentored by the firm's senior paralegal staff. Anderson Kill offers a competitive salary and benefits package which includes 401(k), transitchek and transportation reimbursement programs, year-end bonus, full-medical plan, and cafeteria/flexible spending plan.
Individuals who are interested in applying for a position with the firm may e-mail, mail, or fax their credentials to the address and fax number below:
Human Resources Department
Anderson Kill P.C.
1251 Avenue of the Americas
New York, NY 10020
Tel: (212) 278-1000
Fax: (212) 278-1733
Litigation Paralegal for Real Estate Practice
• Assist in all aspects of litigation relating to landlord-tenant, co-op/condo, foreclosure, and other real estate matters.
• Prepare rent demands, notices to cure, termination notices and petitions.
• Supervise service of predicate notices and pleadings, schedule and supervise evictions.
• Prepare liens, draft foreclosure complaints and notices of pendency.
• Prepare RJIs, schedule depositions, review and organize discovery production materials, obtain prima facie documents and exhibits for trial, prepare motion exhibits, prepare payoff letters.
• Maintain and update status spreadsheets for pending litigation and pre-litigation matters.
• Maintain and update litigation calendar.
• Extensive client contact (managing agents).
• Extensive contact with process servers, investigators, court reporters, Marshals, and court personnel.
• Lexis Investigations (i.e. primary residence, asset searches).
• Assist with other Real Estate Department projects as needed.
• 2 years of litigation or litigation real estate paralegal experience.
• Must have ability to establish and maintain professional relationships with clients, firm vendors and counsel.
• Must be detail oriented and possess excellent writing, communication, organizational, and computer skills.
• Strong commitment to quality of service and quality of work is required, in a deadline driven environment.
• BA degree and/or Paralegal Certificate a plus.
• This position is 4 days per week.